Facing Earthquake Challenges Together
The 2015 Symposium was hosted at Tongji University in Shanghai, China from May 4-8, 2015.
In 2008, the Tongji-UBC Symposium was initiated as a way to collaborate and share research on a broad range of earthquake engineering and disaster mitigation topics. This year marks the 5th Tongji-UBC Symposium on earthquake engineering, and we are pleased to also welcome leading researchers from Sichuan University, Indian Institute of Technology, Central South University, Lanzhou University, and industry professionals to join our collaboration.
The symposium will cover a broad range of topics related to earthquake engineering, including:
- Earthquake ground motions and seismic hazards
- Strengthening and monitoring of buildings and infrastructure
- Resilience and performance-based earthquake engineering
- Code and design guidelines
- Innovative materials, techniques, and structural systems.
Please see this page for the full symposium program and schedule.
Please see this page for the members and contact information of the 2015 Symposium planning committee.
Please see this page for 2015 sponsors